Saturday, October 29, 2011

First Friday Fotos


Photographing the same subject - for me that would be Graeme Park - over and over again can pose its challenges to come up with something "new" and "fresh" - and for the most part, in my case anyway, I think it is sometimes a matter of dumb luck that the lighting happens to be just perfect that day to turn the same ol' shot into something special. See the below examples were the stonework in the "winter" shot just seems to pop? "Summer" won me a prize in the PA Trails of History photo contest, but "spring" and (very late) "autum" are just kind of run of the mill.


I love to Google us and look on Flickr for other peoples' takes on things I see all the time and I find in my own shots I'm drawn to certain angles and views that I photograph often. I thought it would be fun to do a weekly or monthly shot of the same view to see how it changes with the seasons and the light. Then I thought 52 shots of the same thing might bore the pants off of everyone, so I'll be doing a monthly "foto", on the first Friday of every month, and posting it here. I'll be back on January 6, 2012 with the first installment but here are a few more examples of what I have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...